Dress Up Attack!
We're welcoming back Paint What You Hear, The Dad Joke Bar, Awesome People Reading Books, DJ's, Gelato Messinaand a whole host of fun activities and workshops.
RE-ENTRY TO THE FESTIVAL IS AVAILABLE
EARLY BIRD TICKETS sold out
Dress Up Attack! Sydney 2016 will again take place at the Sydney Portugal Community Club. The venue has a large hall and an outdoor area with plenty of shade. Sydenham train station is a 4 minute walk away. Just look for the Fraser Park Football Club.
The Sydney Portugal Community Club
100 Marrickville Rd, Marrickville NSW 2204
The entrance is a little like driving through a tunnel – it’s a bit strange and you may wonder where exactly you are going, but you’re in the right place. You’ll see the signs too!
The Sydney Portugal Community Club is right next to the Fraser Park Football (soccer) Club.
Plenty of car parks, room for bicycles, pram and wheelchair accessible.
Check these links for public transport info:
NIDA Bite Size for 2-5 years and their parents
Adventure through your imagination to uncover big ideas and tiny surprises. Parents and children engage in storytelling and movement exercises that explore imaginative storytelling.
NIDA Bite Size for 6-8 years
Inspire your child’s creative side with this fun introduction to drama and performance. Share in group dramatic play and be introduced to the joy of performance-based storytelling.
When you are at Dress Up Attack, head over to our photo booth (extra special this year) for your photo.
All you have to do is:
1. HAVE FUN! The most entertaining entries are the best
2. SHARE! Upload your GIF to Instagram
3. HASHTAG! #bugaboo and#dressupattack2016
4. GO PUBLIC! Make sure your profile is set to public (or we won’t see your entry)
Important things to remember:
· You have until 5pm, Sunday September 18, to upload your GIF
· Winners will be judged at 11am on Monday 19 September
· If you win you will be notified by Dress Up Attack via direct message on Instagram
Thanks Levins - this DJ set is going to rule!
PAINT WHAT YOU HEAR WORKSHOPS
Paint What You Hear workshops are directed by Erica Rasmussen and Zakiya Kurdi. Children learn about the elements of music and how to capture sound on paper. Participants are then invited to let loose and paint along to various styles of music with our energetic music crew led by Sam, Ryan and Asha. The workshops are engaging, fun and messy! This year you can catch Sam reading a book over at The Awesome People Reading Books Stage too.
The Creative Play area is a space of self directed, sensory play. We're bringing nature and texture to the festival for some free play time. Sometimes the simple things are the best.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Conditions of Entry
1. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. The Promoter is Dress Up Attack Pty Ltd, ABN 18 159 122 737, c/ 8/43 Bridge Rd, Stanmore, 2048 (Promoter).
3. This offer is open to all Dress Up Attack Marrickville 2016 Event Participants. Employees of Dress Up Attack! Pty Ltd and Bugaboo Australia Pty Limited and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, suppliers and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to enter. The promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
4. The Promotion Period: The promotion commences at 10:00am on 17 September 2016 AEST and ends at 05:00pm on 20th September 2016 AEST. No entries will be accepted after this time.
How to enter
5. HOW TO ENTER:
To enter, entrants must during the Promotion Period:
Be present at the SYDNEY Dress Up Attack! event at the Portuguese Community Club, Marrickville on September 17th, 2016 and
1. take your photo at the photo booth supplied.
2. SHARE! Upload your DUA GIF to Instagram
3. HASHTAG! #bugaboo and#dressupattack and #dressupattack2016
4. GO PUBLIC! Make sure your profile is set to public (or we won’t see your entry)
Each entry submitted will enter the random draw. By entering the promotion, the entrant consents to use of the entry by the Promoter (and its partners and agencies associated with the promotion), for marketing and promotional purposes. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Dress Up Attack Pty Ltd.
6. It is the responsibility of each eligible entrant to ensure that their details, including their phone number, postal mail address, email address are correct and up to date.
7.Winner selection and notification: The winner will be determined by random selection.
Judging Date: 11am on Wednesday 21 September, 2016
Location: 8/43 Bridge Rd, Stanmore
8. Prize claim: The prize can be claimed by the winner until 05:00pm on Friday 23rd September 2016 AEST. If the selected winner does not claim the prize by this date, they will forfeit their prize and no cash or other compensation will be provided. The Promoter reserves the right to do another random draw the winner contact details will be passed on to Bugaboo Australia Pty Limited who will liaise with the winner further to arrange collection of their prize. Shipping within Australia only.
9. The winner will be notified by via direct message on Instagram
within 2 days of the draw . The name of the winner will also be published on www.dressupattack.com the day after the draw.
10. If neither a phone number or email address of a winner is supplied or they are incorrect, then the winner will be disqualified and a new winner will be drawn.
11. The Promoters may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn, or if a winner cannot be contacted in accordance with clause 10.
12. If the winner cannot be contacted to claim their prize by05:00pm on Friday 23rd September 2016 AEST, the winners entry will be deemed invalid and the Promoter reserves the right to either give the prize to the first valid additional entry referred to in clause 11, or conduct further draws at the same location as the original draw as are necessary to distribute the prize, subject to any written directions given by the relevant gaming authorities. In such an instance the winner will be contacted by email and/or telephone.
12. The winner will receive a Bugaboo Diesel Rock Bee3 Valued at $1199
This item contains the Bugaboo Diesel Rock Bee3 Valued at $1199. It does include a bassinet.
13. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries (including an entrants identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any eligible entrant where the Promoter believes that the entry or the entry process has been tampered with or where any entry has been submitted not in accordance with the Terms and Conditions.
14. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any lost, late, misdirected claims or correspondence due to incorrect entrant information.
16. If the prize is unavailable, the Promoters, in their discretion, reserve the right to substitute the prize with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
17. The Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion and without notice, to cancel, modify or suspend these terms and/or this promotion in whole or in part, including, but not limited to in the event of fraud, technical or other difficulties or if the integrity of the Promotion is compromised, subject to any written directions from the various lottery departments and without liability to the participant. The contact details of the winning entry may be passed onto a third party for prize notification and fulfillment.
18. The prizes cannot be assigned, transferred, redeemed for cash, or substituted except by the Promoter who may at their sole discretion, subject to the relevant state authorities, substitute any prize with one of comparable value if the advertised prize is or becomes unavailable for any reason. The Promoter will not replace any lost or stolen prizes, or take responsibility for any broken products in the delivery of the product or after it has been delivered. It is not the responsibility of the Promoter to insure any products.
19. Subject to the terms and conditions of the participating prize provider(s), if for any reason the winner does not, once the prize has been booked, take the prize (or an element of the prize) at the time stipulated, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited and will not be redeemable for cash.
20. The prize, or any unused portion of the prize, is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
21. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, the Promoters reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion or suspend or modify a prize, subject to any written directions from a relevant regulatory authority.
22. Entrants consent to the Promoter using the entrants name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event that they are a winner (inc. photograph, film, and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited time without notice or remuneration for the purpose of promoting this competition.
23. The total prize value of the promotion is Bugaboo Diesel Rock Bee3 Valued at $1199.
24. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, direct, indirect, special or consequential loss, or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence) in connection with this promotion or accepting or using any prize.
NSW Permit No.LTPS/16/06221
Dressing up in costume on the day is encouraged but not required.
Some of the workshops are messy, you may want to bring a change of clothes.
Yes – we will have more than one face painter!
Yes you may. There are food and drinks available on the day to purchase.
Yes – plenty of parking in Sydney. A little street parking in Brisbane. Dress Up Attack! strongly encourages the use of public transport. One of the reasons we chose both the Sydney and Brisbane venue is because it's close to train and bus stops.
Yes – excellent ramp access all through the site. The site ground surfaces are a mixture of grass, concrete and wooden floors.
Paint What You Hear workshops are directed by musician Erica Rasmussen and visual artist Zakiya Kurdi. Children learn about the elements of music and how to capture sound on paper. Participants are then invited to let loose with paint-rock duo Afterwhite to create group canvases. Afterwhite (drums & guitar) play original music while children respond to live music using paint - the workshops are engaging, fun and messy. Yes – MESSY.
We still know how to have fun in the rain. Bring a raincoat and gumboots too, although a lot of the site is sheltered.
There will be people designated to document the festival, if you do not want your child or children to be photographed or filmed, please notify one of our staff.
Yes – not anywhere near as loud as say, your local pub. But it is live music. We pitch the sound levels appropriately for tiny ears. If you wanted, there are a great range of baby and toddler ear muffs available online and at various stores across Sydney.
DRESS UP ATTACK! BRISBANE
It is with heavy hearts that we must announce the cancellation of Dress Up Attack! Brisbane on Saturday September 10*.
Our best wishes and sympathies go out to the wonderful KIMYA DAWSON who has been forced to cancel her entire upcoming Australian tour due to family health matters outside anyone's control.
We look forward to bringing Dress Up Attack! to Brisbane next year.
*****MOSHTIX will refund all online, mobile device and telephone bookings for the Brisbane event in full, including Booking Fees. This process will happen automatically, beginning the afternoon of 29th August. *****
Carefully curated, the festival presents a range of high quality musical experiences for children and their carers to enjoy together.
Back in 2012 we got a group of mates together down at The Addison Road Community Centre and the inaugural Dress Up Attack! was born.
MC’d by Robbie Buck with performances by Holly Throsby, SPOD, Spurs For Jesus and Teddy Rock, Dress Up Attack! really was a fun day for everyone. We felt like there was six degrees of separation between everyone there. The kids got to dress up in costume and the parents could watch bands alongside their kids. At last our community of music loving parents could come out with their kids to see bands!
2013 saw us pull off a dream line up. Regurgitator and Justine Clarke on the same festival bill! Along with The Sticker Club and Lah’s Lah’s Big Live Band the hall at Addison Road treated a new generation to great live music.
We also introduced The Awesome People Reading Books Stage and had some pretty weird and wonderful performers roaming around.
2014 we were graced with The Clouds, Phil Jamieson's Woodenspoon, Rufino and The Coconuts and the Zoo Boyz. What a fun one that was!
For 2015, Dress Up Attack! we were stoked to have Hoodoo Guru's play, as well as Bloods, KiddyRock and the Ta Da's. AND The PRESET's DJ'd. So awesome.
For 2016 we adding Brisbane to the family. Have a look at the full line up on the "Home" page. Kimya Dawson (remember the awesome JUNO soundtrack) is playing both Syd and Bris events. Custard will play Sydney and The Grates will play Brisbane. You're welcome :)
Can't wait to see you there!